So, thank you to Roderick Wills over at Roderick Will’s 365 Short Stories for my nomination! Roderick is producing some great material so please check it out!
My answers to the questions he asked are as follows:
- What three books would you pick if you were told that these were the only ones you could read for the rest of your life? (No encyclopedias)
Firstly, if someone wants to pick an encyclopedia then they need serious help! Anyway, my three books: The Night Watch by Terry Pratchett (I love Vimes, and I am not ashamed), Dracula by Bram Stoker (so many people haven’t read the book, I promise you won’t regret it) and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (John Silver remains by favourite bad guy of all time).
2. If you were to live in any part of the world for a year with all expenses paid where would you go and why?
New Zealand, I love the way of life and the people there. It’s the only place where you can go trekking through snow one day and surf the next!
3. What type of computer do you have?
HP Pavilion laptop
4. Did you have to check to answer the previous question?
5. Are there any people, famous or otherwise, whom you have attempted to or are emulating?
I think there are bits of people around me that I respect and therefore emulate, although I actually think fictional characters have guided me a great deal more. There’s a lot of good advice to be found in the pages of books!
6. Would you rather go to a music festival of your choice or on a week long cruise to a destination of your choice?
I think cruise, I’ve been to a lot of festivals but I’d like a cruise around the Pacific Islands!
7. Puff on a joint or sip on some wine?
Wine, I love me some Sauvinion Blanc
8. What is your earliest memory?
Seeing snow for the first time when we moved to England, the house we rented was behind a big coal shed and I remember finding little pieces of black in the snow.
9. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
10. Would you ever get a tattoo? If you already do or would what’s the meaning behind your ink?
I’ve thought a lot about getting a small bee in rememberance of Granny Weatherwax and Terry Pratchett, his characters shaped me growing up and Granny Weatherwax was an amazing woman.
11. Luck, Fate or Karma? Is what we do predestined or do our actions influence our future?
I believe very strongly that we make our own future, that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
So I hope that was enlightening! I’m nominating the following people because I enjoy their blogs and hope this gives them a little boost too:
What you need to do:
Make sure to answer the questions below, then nominate up to 11 other blogs. The idea is to nominate those with 500 followers or less. Ask those you’ve nominated 11 questions and make sure to add the Liebster Award sticker to your blog!
- What character has stayed with you the most through your life?
- What one piece of advice has helped you the most with writing?
- If you could only have chocolate or cheese for the rest of your life which would you pick?
- Have you ever had your beliefs really challenged, how did you deal with it?
- You get to change one thing for the past, what is it?
- Describe the most perfect day you ever experienced.
- What one thing annoys you more than anything else?
- What was the last dream you can remember?
- If there was one movie you would make everyone watch, what would it be?
- I’ve written a lot about how people’s lives might be impacted by the discovery of intelligent alien life, how do you think it might affect yours?
- Who, alive in th world right now, would you most want to meet?